Every few months, new versions of products are released, and every product has its own interoperability with other products, due to new features being added and code updates. What the new versions bring with themselves, is a chain of pre-requisites to update other products in the infrastructure. Which is what was the driver for this blog post with the release of NSX-T 2.4.
The minimum vSphere version supported with NSX-T v2.4 are follows:
|Product||vSphere v6.5||vSphere v6.7|
|vCenter||v6.5 U2d (Build 10964411)||v6.7 U1b (Build 11726888)|
|ESXi||v6.5 P03 (Build 10884925)||v6.7 EP 06 (Build 11675023)|
As of 6th March 2019, vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Network Insight interoperability are not listed/compatible on the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices. However, vRLI v4.7.1 and vRNI 4.0.0 are available to download with NSX-T:
However, you can use this custom link to refer the interoperability with NSX-T v2.4, which will take you to the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices, as VMware may list the appropriate compatible versions in the future.
Updating vCenter v6.7 to v6.7 U1 was “as easy as pie”, however I had few challenges to update vCenter v6.5 as follows:
- Unable to update vCenter Server Appliance from 6.5 to 6.5 U2 via VAMI, I was receiving the update status as “Latest updates already installed on vCSA, nothing to stage/install”
– To know more about the issue, resolution with step-by-step instructions, click here.
- Update vCenter v6.5 U1 to v6.5 U2 via VAMI – EULA “Accept” button greyed out.
– To know about the issue and the simple solution, click here.
NSX-T v2.4 Documentation/Useful links:
- NSX- T Datacenter v2.4 Download Link:
- VMware NSX-T Data Center v2.4 Release Notes:
- NSX-T Data Center v2.4 Installation Guide:
- NSX-T Data Center v2.4 Administration Guide:
- NSX-T Data Center v2.4 Upgrade Guide:
- NSX-T Data Center v2.4 Migration Coordinator Guide:
- VMware NSX-T Data Center v2.4 Plugin for OpenStack Neutron Installation Guide: